12:04 PM

April Phat Fiber offering

The April theme for the Phat Fiber Sampler Box is Butterflies and Flutterbies.  Flying bugs if you will.  As I was listening to music for inspiration I found this gem.

 

 

Aha!  I hadn’t thought about moths.  So a quick Google Images Search turned up this pretty little pic.

 

luna_lynne_texas

 

Thinking along the lines of cocoons I decided to do a merino laceweight yarn and a merino bamboo blend roving.  I should have pics of the actual samples and full size offerings soon.  And I have an idea for a new style stitch marker that I might send in as well.  You’ll have to wait for more info on that.

 

On the needles:

Firestarter by Yarnissima in leftover yarn done as footie socks.

New Day by Heather Zoppetti in Silver Springs Laceweight by Me

Helix Gloves by Kira Dulaney in Knit Picks WotA over dyed by me

 

On the wheel/spindle:

A lovely batt from A Dyeing Wish on my wee spindle

A grey corridale fleece I’m processing from Rising Meadow Farm on my babe.

 

On the Warp:

A baby blanket for The Brand New Ronin Kane!  I know I need to hurry.

 

Upcoming Events:

Carolina Fiber Festival – May 20-22, 20111

Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair – Oct 21-23, 2011

0 comments: