10:34 AM

March Phat Fiber Is Out!

The March theme for the Phat Fiber Box is Sweet Shop.  As soon as the theme was decided this song began to run through my head.

 

But there are a myriad of lollipops out there how would I choose?  I knew automatically that I wanted to stitch markers based on Dum Dum Pops, because they're just awesome.  To find out some really interesting information on the history of Dum Dum flavors go here.  So that was one part of the equation.

 

So I sat down to make a list of requirements.  I wanted a swirly lollipop.  The colors needed to be springy and pastel.  It needed to translate really well into samples.  So off to Flickr I went looking through pictures for an inordinate amount of time.  (This always happens when I know just what I want.)  Fortunately I found this gorgeous picture and knew exactly where I was going.

 

file_30_4

 

And so I got going...

The stitch markers turned out yummy.  For sale in the store will be sets of cherry, lime, lemon, grape, and orange, five of the seven original flavors.  As seen here...

 

DSCF1423

Now Sold Out.  Look for a Variant Set Soon!

 

Going into the Phat Fiber box will be blue raspberry, bubble gum, and cream soda along with a real life Dum Dum to enjoy as seen here.

 

2011-03-02_21-57-00_575

 

On to the fiber!  That's why you're here right? 

 

The Samples

DSCF1469

 

Full Size Worsted Weight Yarn

DSCF1454

 

Full Size Corriedale Roving

DSCF1413

 

All are now available at the shop.  Now on to next month’s theme:  Butterflies and Flutterbys.

0 comments: